Welcome to the first issue of Engage.
Whether you are a district resident, business owner or community leader; a graduate, patron, benefactor or beneficiary of our programs; or a student, alumnus, faculty or staff member of our college, your engagement with this institution is important to us.
Through taxes or tuition, talent or philanthropy, you have made an investment in College of DuPage. And to that I want to personally say: Thank you! But we also owe you a periodic report on what a difference you have made—to demonstrate your return on investment.
Through stories of students and alumni, teachers and programs, community initiatives and opportunities, each issue of Engage will show how you are making a difference through College of DuPage.
In this inaugural issue, we consider the national shortage of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) talent, and various ways that the College is helping to address that issue.
Among other stories, you will learn about:
- A College of DuPage alumna/PhD scientist who is developing new therapies for people with serious illnesses.
- An alumna whose Argonne National Laboratory internship led to a full-time job and a chance to hire more College of DuPage students.
- A program that combines high-school education with professional certification in high-demand professions.
Ever grateful, we hope you enjoy this inside look at the benefits that your engagement makes possible through College of DuPage.
Related Areas of Interest
- COD Cosmetology Salon
- Computer and Information Technology (CIT) program
- Integrated Career and Academic Preparation System (ICAPS)
- STEM at College of DuPage