Career and Technical Education (CTE) Laptop and Wi-Fi Hotspot loans are available for students enrolled in a CTE Associate of Applied Science Degree or Certificate program. Laptops and Wi-Fi Hotspots can be borrowed for one semester at a time and can be picked up at the College of DuPage Library.
Your use of a College of DuPage CTE Needs Based laptop or Wi-Fi hotspot is governed by the College of DuPage policies outlined below. By completing this form you agree to abide by these policies.
You are expected to make every reasonable effort to protect your laptop or Wi-Fi hotspot from damage and to use it for appropriate academic purposes. If you withdraw or drop all courses for the semester you are required to return the devices (including power adaptor and computer bag) to the Library no later than ONE WEEK after your withdraw/drop date.
I understand and agree that I am responsible for paying for the cost of the loaned technology ($842) in the event it is lost, damaged, or not returned. I understand and agree that any resulting balance will be placed on my student account, and in the event of delinquency, the College shall have the right to (1) prevent me from registering in future classes, (2) drop me from my current or future registered classes, (3) prevent me from obtaining official grades, transcripts, and/or diploma from the Office of Student Records, and (4) employ a collection agency to collect the debt, which may have an adverse effect on my credit.
Additional software may be installed ONLY if required by syllabus or for instructional use.
This program is funded through the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act.
Modified from the Library's Damaged, Lost or Billed Materials
All borrowers are expected to pay for damaged materials or equipment, lost items, and items which have been billed. Nonpayment may result in suspension of student's account. Students are responsible for the cost of damage up to replacement cost for damaged materials, and for cost of equipment for lost equipment. Learn More
Modified from COD's Learning Resource Center's Use of Computers and Laptop Internet Connections
The following activities are considered to be the primary uses for which laptop or Wi-Fi hotspot are reserved:
- Searching of library catalogs, online or electronic databases.
- Use of the Internet to complete classroom assignments or perform research tasks (this includes Internet searching, email, and chat for educational/research purposes).
- Use of software applications such as word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software to complete classroom assignments or prepare career-oriented documents.
Modified from the COD Board Electronic Communications Policy (#10-126)
Users of the laptop must not engage in illegal activity and must abide by the following Board policy and procedure:
- Access to the College's information technology resources (including network, PC's, servers, computer applications, phone systems, etc.) is a privilege granted to faculty, staff, students, the College community and its business partners. The use of this technology is intended to support the mission of the College and is to be used for College related activities for which they were intended.
- The College reserves the right to extend, limit, restrict or deny information technology privileges and access to its information resources to any faculty, staff, student, community member or business partner.
- Any person using the College's technology resources is responsible for understanding Board Policy, administrative procedure and the Electronic Communications Guidelines. These documents define the appropriate access, use, privacy, security, responsibilities and limitations in the use of information technology resources at the College.
Please make sure your internet browser is up to date.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Adela Meitz, MS LCPC, Workforce Development and Student Resource Specialist
Workforce Development Services
2525 Cabot Drive, Suite 302
Lisle, Illinois 60532
ICCB Advisory Committee Guidebook