Horticulture offers rewarding careers for individuals who are passionate about working with nature and enhancing and caring for our environment.
The Horticulture program provides fundamental and advanced education and practice to prepare graduates for successful entry into the workforce. Students develop knowledge and skills in a range of topics including:
- Horticulture and horticulture business
- Horticultural mathematics
- Landscaping and landscaping design
- Floral design
- Plant propagation and plant taxonomy
- Soils and fertilizers
- Sustainable urban agriculture
Students can choose from a wide variety of electives to customize their education and specialize in their areas of interest.
Degrees and Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science in Horticulture, Landscape Contracting and Management and Sustainable Urban Agriculture
- Nine specialized certificates are available which are designed to address the diverse nature of the horticulture industry and offer a sound foundation to students who wish to create their own small businesses.
Students can take courses at night, during the weekdays or in a hybrid or online format. Classes are offered on our campus in Glen Ellyn.
Follow Your Passion
The horticulture industry can enhance your creativity through nature, science and art.
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
- Floral Shop Management
- Greenhouse Management
- Landscape Design and Construction
- Landscape and Turf Maintenance
- Nursery and Garden Center Management
For any questions or comments, complete and submit our inquiry form.
Brian Clement, Program Chair/Associate Professor/Advisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1059, (630) 942-2526
Frank Balestri, Instructor/Advisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1058, (630) 942-3498
Amy Hull, Greenhouse Supervisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 0026, (630) 942-3806
Martin Bartz, Horticulture Lab Technician/Grower
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 0025, (630) 942-3807
Teresa Dietz, Program Support Specialist
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1008, (630) 942-3997
Peter Deeman, Program Advisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1047, (630) 942-2548
Molly Devine, Student Success Specialist - Navigator
Center for Student Success, SRC 1144, (630) 942-3559
Business and Applied Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592