The Physician Office Coding and Billing program at College of DuPage prepares students to code and bill for physician offices. The program is closely aligned with the Health Information Technology program.
This program is currently undergoing changes. New certificate options in physician coding and medical billing are being developed. If you would like additional information on the new certificates, contact Andrea Brus, program chair for Health Information Technology at email@example.com.
- Physician Office Coding and Billing coursework prepares students for industry credentials including the Certified Professional Biller and Certified Professional Code awarded be the AAPC. Both are nationally recognized and Health Information Management (HIM) professionals with multiple certifications earn more over their lifetime.
Determine Your Path
Physician Office Coding and Billing graduates are employed in physician offices, billing companies and insurance offices. They may even work from home.
Whether you looking to advance your career or enter a new field in physician office coding and billing, COD offers:
- Dedicated instructors with years of practical industry experience, certification, and licensing.
- Affordable programs that get you on the fast track to success without breaking the bank.
Physician Office Coding and Billing
The Physician Office Coding and Billing certificate provides students with the technical knowledge and skills necessary to perform diagnosis and procedure coding as well as billing for employment in a physician office or outpatient clinic.
To become a certified coder, the following agencies administer coding examinations:
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
Get Started Today
As of February 2023, the Physician Office Coding and Billing program is undergoing changes and is no longer accepting new students.
Academic and Career Pathways give you a roadmap to achieving your career goals. Follow a pathway based on your degree that outlines which classes you need to take and when so you graduate on time or move on to the next phase in your career.
- Physician Office Coding and Billing, Certificate