The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing 3+1 program with Benedictine University is a great way to continue your education. Students are required to complete the Associate in Applied Science degree in Nursing at College of DuPage in order to be eligible for this 3+1 program.
Attending an advising session for the AAS in Nursing degree is a requirement to be
considered for admission into the program. This advising session is different than
the advising session hosted by Benedictine University representatives. Upcoming advising
session dates are listed on the nursing page.
Once accepted to College of DuPage, students must complete a series of prerequisites in order to be considered for admission into the AAS in Nursing Degree. Please thoroughly read the admissions requirements for the AAS in Nursing program before continuing.
Advising Sessions are a great opportunity to meet the Benedictine University representative who can
answer questions about the BS in Nursing program. Sessions are offered throughout
the semester. If you cannot attend any of the offered sessions, you may contact the
representatives directly via the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Nursing Advising Sessions will take place in two locations. A Benedictine representative will visit the Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 1230 from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Oct.17
- Tuesday, Nov. 7
Additionally, students can visit with a Benedictine admission representative in Partnership Hall, behind Brew 425 from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. on the following dates:
- Thursday, Oct. 5
- Wednesday, Oct. 11
- Thursday, Nov. 2
- Wednesday, Nov. 15
All College of DuPage coursework throughout the program is offered at the tuition rate at the time of enrollment. All Benedictine University coursework is offered at a reduced tuition rate at the time of enrollment at Benedictine University. Tuition Information
Before you Begin
College of DuPage maintains an open enrollment policy. To attend, you must be ONE of the following:
- 18 years of age
- A high school graduate
- A GED completer
**Completion of AAS in Nursing Degree required to participate in this 3+1 program.
Steps to Apply to the 3+1 Program
Once you are ready to get started, follow the steps below:
- Begin your studies at COD in your chosen degree. In collaboration with a COD counselor or program advisor, develop an academic plan that meets both the articulated Associate degree and transfer program requirements.
- Complete the 3+1 Transfer Application. Email the completed application to email@example.com or dropped it off at the front desk of the Counseling, Advising and Transfer office located in Student Services Center (SSC) 3200.
- Connect with the 3+1 partner school through a campus visit, advising session, or transfer event to ensure you understand program expectations and answer your questions.
- Submit an official admission application one to two semesters before you complete your degree at COD. You'll need to request your official COD transcripts to be sent directly to the transfer destination.
- Apply to graduate with an Associate degree identified in the 3+1 program map. After grades and degrees post, request your final official College of DuPage transcripts be sent to the transfer destination.
- Once admitted into your 3+1 school, meet with an advisor to discuss the registration process. If you have applied for financial aid, you must activate a Consortium Agreement allowing your third-year courses to be paid for by the 3+1 school. You must be accepted into the 3+1 school before starting your third-year courses.
- After you have been accepted and have met with an advisor, register for your third-year (or junior-year) courses.
- Continue and complete your fourth-year courses.
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200