What is COD Votes?
COD Votes is a cross-institutional group of College of DuPage students, staff, faculty, and community members working to increase nonpartisan civic learning and engagement in the democratic process.
This webpage was created by students for students to provide important voting information. It is maintained by the College of DuPage Student Leadership Council.
Interested in joining the effort? Contact us.
State and Local Government Speaker Series (Virtual)
Contact: Melissa Mouritsen, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Political Science for Zoom Links. All series events take place from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- October 14, 2021: City of Berwyn's 8th Ward Alderman Joe Carmichael discusses the mechanics of governance, machine politics and how young people can get involved
- October 21, 2021: Municipal Governance with Julia Geenen Schwarze, Carol Stream Village Clerk
- October, 26, 2021: Metropolitan Governance with Jerry Bennett, Mayor of Palos Hills, the President of the Southwest Conference of Mayors and founding Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
- November 4, 2021: Election laws and getting and staying on the ballot with Attorney Ed Mullen
- November 11, 2021: The state of state media with Bill Wheelhouse, General Manager at WUIS public radio and former reporter Statehouse Bureau Chief for NPR Illinois, and former president of the Illinois News Broadcasters Association
- November 30, 2021: The importance of infrastructure with Sara Hunn, the Director of DuPage County Stormwater Management.
- December 8, 2021: Understanding the Illinois Judiciary with Peoria Circuit Judge Chris Dosotch
Voter Registration Tables
- November 18, 2021 - Hallway behind Starbucks, sponsored by the Student Leadership Council & League of Women Voters, Glen Ellyn
June 28, 2022 - GENERAL PRIMARY ELECTION
For the Nomination of Federal, State, and County Officials and for the election of Precinct Committee persons
November 8, 2022 - GENERAL ELECTION
For the Election of Federal, State, and County Officials
February 28, 2023 - CONSOLIDATED PRIMARY ELECTION
If necessary, for the Nomination of Municipal Officials
April 4, 2023 - CONSOLIDATED GENERAL ELECTION
For the Election of Municipal, Park District, Library District, School District and Fire District officials