The College of DuPage Emergency Funding Program (EFP) helps College of DuPage (COD) students by providing immediate financial support when urgent and emergency situations put their continued education at risk. The primary purpose of the EFP is to improve student retention when unforeseen occurrences impact a student’s ability to stay in college and complete their educational goals.
Examples of Covered Expenses
- Replacement of books and other essential academic necessities.
- Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster.
- Unanticipated childcare expense.
- Essential vehicle repair.
Examples of Expenses Not Covered
- Tuition and Fees.
- Non-essential utilities (cable).
- Household costs or repairs for damage not related to fire, theft, or natural disaster.
- Parking tickets and other fines.
Emergency Funding Application
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Please make sure your internet browser is up-to-date. Preferred browsers include Firefox and Chrome. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Supporting documentation (invoice, notices of turn-off, outstanding bills etc.) should be emailed to email@example.com. The College retains the right to determine expenses deemed appropriate for coverage and the amount that each individual may receive. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval.
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
Fax: (630) 942-2151
Monday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.