Guidelines for submitting a Late Withdrawal Appeal
- Appeals for late withdrawal may be granted for extenuating circumstances only. Academic reasons will not be considered.
- Late Withdrawal Appeals must be submitted no later than 7 calendar days prior to your Final exam date (see Final Exam Schedule). Please note that classes that meet less than 12 weeks will have their final exam, or other culminating activities, during their last class meeting.
- Students must explain, in detail, why they did not withdraw from classes during the designated period. Space is provided on the form or, if more space is needed, a separate statement may be submitted along with the completed appeal form.
- All requests for late withdrawal must be fully documented. In addition to the detailed explanation, students are required to provide documentation supporting their appeal. Failure to provide adequate documentation at the time of submission will result in denial of the appeal. All appeal decisions are final.
- A decision will be emailed to the student's dupage.edu email within 2 weeks of the receipt of the Late Withdrawal Appeal. Students are responsible for continuing to pursue the course in the event the appeal is not approved.
- Students who withdraw from a class by late withdrawal appeal will not be eligible for refund of tuition or fees.
Appeal processes adhere to College of DuPage Administrative Procedure guidelines, FERPA regulations and HIPAA regulations.
Please contact the Office of Student Registration Services at (630) 942-2377.
Late Withdrawal Appeal Form
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Please make sure your internet browser is up-to-date. Preferred browsers include Firefox and Chrome. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Upon submitting this form, please email required documentation to support your written statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send this through your dupage.edu email address.
Office of Student Registration Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221
Phone: (630) 942-2377
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
myACCESS Help Desk: (630) 942-2999
Individuals who need language assistance, please call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email email@example.com.