If you are still within the drop period and you are having difficulty dropping your course, contact Student Registration Services for assistance. View your class schedule in myACCESS to determine the last day to drop your course.
Late Withdrawal Appeal Guidelines
Please note: Late Withdrawal Appeals will not be accepted during Final Exam Week.
If you are past the last day to drop your course and choose to file a Late Withdrawal Appeal, read and acknowledge the following requirements:
- I am submitting my Late Withdrawal Appeal no later than seven calendar days prior to my final exam date (see Final Exam Schedule).
- I agree my reason for late withdrawal is not academic in nature. Appeals for late withdrawal are considered for extenuating circumstances only. (Note: Academic reasons will not be considered. Academic reasons include poor performance, low grade or negative impact on GPA/Transcript.)
- Within my statement, I have provided detail and backup documentation the extenuating circumstance that prevented me from withdrawing from my class/es during the designated period. (If more space is needed, I will include a separate statement which will be submitted along with the required supporting documentation to email@example.com.)
- I have provided documentation supporting my appeal and acknowledge failure to provide adequate documentation at the time of submission will result in denial of the appeal. I understand that all appeal decisions are final.
- I acknowledge a decision will be emailed to my student dupage.edu email within 2 weeks of the receipt of the Late Withdrawal Appeal. I am responsible for continuing to pursue the course in the event the appeal is not approved.
- If I withdraw from a class by late withdrawal appeal, I understand I will not be eligible for refund of tuition or fees (see Exclusions below).
Late Withdrawal Appeal Exclusions
If the appeal is due to medical reasons, please submit the Late Withdrawal Appeal form with supporting documentation and complete a Medical Appeal. For questions in regard to a Medical Appeal, please contact Registration Services.
Appeal processes adhere to College of DuPage Administrative Procedure guidelines and FERPA regulations.
Late Withdrawal Appeal Form
Please make sure your internet browser is up to date.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Upon submitting this form, please email required documentation to support your written statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send this through your dupage.edu email address.
Office of Student Registration Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221
Phone: (630) 942-2377
Monday and Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Help Desk: (630) 942-2999
Individuals who need language assistance, please call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email email@example.com.