COD SECURITY NOTICE - Phishing
Some COD email users have received emails from banks or other companies asking for the user to update their personal information. Some emails may even say that some dire consequences await you if you do not respond. PLEASE IGNORE AND DELETE these emails. The purpose of this type of email is to get enough personal information about a user to steal their identity. This is called “phishing”
- Ignore these emails and be advised that banks and other companies will NEVER send you an e-mail asking you to send them a response containing personal or private information.
- NEVER disclose ANY personally identifying information via an unsolicited e-mail. This includes:
- Account numbers or debit/credit card numbers
- Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) or passwords
- Social Security number
- Mother's maiden name
- Other private informationContact a Customer Representative at the alleged company BY TELEPHONE as soon as possible. Most companies have representatives available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to inform the company of the problem because this scam and others are on the rise.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please refer to the following Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website for more information - www.ftc.gov
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Desk at x4357.
Chief Security Officer, IT
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Boulevard
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599
Voice: (630) 942-3055