Tutoring Services Assistance
- Live Online Assistance via Blackboard Collaborate 6 days a week for a variety of courses: Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, CIS, Chinese, Earth, Economics, ELA, French, Arabic, Italian, Accounting, Math, Management, Micro, Music, OFTI, Spanish, Sign Language, Interpreting, Physics, Psychology, and more!
- In Person Assistance on Campus 6 days a week for a variety of courses: Anatomy, Chemistry, CIS, French, Arabic, Italian, Accounting, Math, Music, Spanish, Sign Language, Interpreting, Engineering, TEC tutoring, Design Software, Architecture, and more!
- Virtual and In-Person appointments for courses from A-Z.
- Assistance for any course via the Ask a Peer Tutor online form
- ELA Conversation Circles
- Student Success Resources
- Free to eligible students
- Available for a variety of COD courses including, but not limited to, Accounting, Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, English Language Acquisition, Foreign Languages, Mathematics, Music, Physics, and Spanish. View the complete list of courses with tutoring.
- Intended to supplement, not replace, class attendance and personal study time.
- Help clarify points from lectures, labs, discussions or assigned readings.
- Act as facilitators for student learning.
- Will not write papers, do homework or complete other assignments for students.
Note: Students who would like to make an appointment should fill out the online Tutoring Services Request Form or submit it to the Tutoring Services Desk. Please use Firefox or Google Chrome browsers only. Internet Explorer will not work.
- 50-minute appointments accommodate up to three students
- No appointment needed for Drop-in tutoring
For more information on tutoring, call (630) 942-3686, or stop by the Learning Commons, SRC 2102. Tutoring Area staff members will help you determine which services best meet your needs.
Interested in becoming a peer tutor?
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960