Begin your academic journey at College of DuPage and transfer to a four-year college or university of your choice. Through innovative transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities and the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), which enables credits to be transferred to more than 100 colleges and universities in the state of Illinois, our students and graduates can transfer seamlessly to earn a bachelor’s degree.
College of DuPage offers two common pathways for students to consider when they are ready to transfer:
3+1 Programs are a convenient and economical way to earn your Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in selected academic programs. College of DuPage has partnered with prominent universities to offer high-caliber degree programs at a greatly reduced cost:
- Take three years of classes at College of DuPage. Many of these classes are offered on College of DuPage's main campus and are taught by faculty from partner universities. Faculty from partner universities are educational leaders in their fields.
- Receive a reduction on the tuition rate for advanced classes.
2+2 Transfer Programs
College of DuPage offers two types of 2+2 Transfer Programs:
- A traditional 2+2 agreement allows a student to complete two years (approximately 64 credit hours) at College of DuPage and another two years at a college/university to complete a bachelor's degree.
- An enhanced 2+2 agreement allows a student to complete up to 90 semester credits of coursework, mostly general education courses and then transfer to complete the remaining credits toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year college/university.
Transfer guides suggest specific College of DuPage course subjects that meet pre-requisites for specific majors. Transfer guides also provide contact information, basic information about the major, admission and degree requirements, general education requirements and transfer policies.
Top 5 Things Students Should Do Before Transferring
Following five essential tips can make finding and transitioning into the next step of your education easier.
"Choosing COD was honestly one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. It greatly helped me financially to save my money for graduate school. I also made some of the best friends I have today." - Sakina KahnSakina's COD Story
"The College will provide you the education and skills to be successful. The professors and administrators are top-notch and the campus is beautiful. COD provided me with the educational base, drive and motivation to be successful.” - Bryan GreenBryan's COD Story
"COD helped me tremendously as I tried to figure out what I wanted to do. Going to COD allowed me to take several different classes to try and find myself.” - Rocio BecerrilRocio's COD Story
"COD also taught me about the real world, because the professors have high expectations of their students and set standards of discipline which are very important in prospering in today’s society. The professors were just amazing and actually cared about me as a student and as an individual." - Paris DunlapParis' COD Story
"I wanted to start at a school that would allow me to see a variety of options to choose from and to better guide me in what bachelor’s I should pursue,” - Mirette MikhailMirette's COD Story
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Hours:
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- COD Centers Hours