Your name on your academic record must match your legal name. Your financial aid and eligibility for future financial aid may be in jeopardy if the name on your Social Security card does not match your academic record.
Both The Testing Center and Cashier's Office require that your photo ID match the name on your academic record.
If your name has changed or you need to correct the spelling of your name, paperwork is processed through Student Records. Documentation must be provided to Student Records either in person, electronically or by mail.
All name change requests must include:
- Your New Name
- Student identification number or the last four digits of your Social Security number
- Current Phone Number
- A photo identification that shows your new name; a driver’s license, state ID or passport.
- A legal document showing your previous name; a marriage license, divorce decree or court document.
Name Spelling Corrections
All name spelling correction requests must include:
- A photo ID showing the correct spelling; a driver’s license, state ID or passport.
Submit Name Change Requests
Submit name change request documentation to Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
College of DuPage, Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150
425 Fawell Blvd
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Your academic record, which includes class rosters available to your instructor(s) and your official transcript will be updated with your new name or spelling correction within two business days. You will need to notify your instructor(s) of your new name as soon as possible. If your instructors do not recognize your name on their roster, they may drop you from their class or issue an ‘F’ grade. Your username for inside.cod.edu, myACCESS, Blackboard, and dupage.edu accounts will be updated through the Information Technology Department.
If you have Financial Aid, your name in the system must match the name on your social security card or your current aid and eligibility for future aid may be in jeopardy. The name change you’ve requested will be processed, but it is your responsibility to update all your legal documents.
Your myAccess username and dupage.edu email address will not be changed if the term has already started.
- The change will be done during the semester break, once final grades have been posted for all of your courses
- If you have an ‘Incomplete’ grade, the change will not be made until the final grade has been updated
- It is imperative that you move any emails prior to the update as they will be permanently deleted from the old account. Once your username has been updated, you will be contacted by a Student Helpdesk staff member at the phone number you provided informing you of your new username for your account.
Continue to use your current username and password for your inside.cod.edu, myACCESS, Blackboard, and dupage.edu accounts until you are notified that these accounts will be updated. It is imperative that you move any emails prior to the update as they will be permanently deleted from the old account. Once your username has been updated, you will be contacted by a Student Helpdesk staff member at the phone number you provided informing you of your new username for these accounts.
NOTE: If the spelling of your last name and first initial remain the same, your name will be updated but the username for your inside.cod.edu, myACCESS, Blackboard, and dupage.edu accounts will remain the same.
Contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-2340 if you have any questions or have circumstances warranting special attention.
Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
Prerequisites: (630) 942-2260
Student Records: email@example.com
Official COD Transcripts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcript Evaluation: email@example.com
High School Transcripts: HStranscript@cod.edu
Individuals who need language assistance, call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.