Chemistry careers offer employment that truly affects our daily lives. The foods we eat, the air we breathe, all of the chemicals and fuels we use, and even the clothes we wear are the concern of chemists. Chemists influence public issues, such as genetic modification of plants and animals, and the handling of chemical and radioactive wastes.
Chemists work in the pharmaceutical, paper, oil, biotechnology and consumer product industries. Chemists can concentrate on specific areas of chemistry, such as forensic science, genetic engineering, environmental chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or chemical education. Many of these careers require a bachelor's degree while others require a master's degree or a doctorate. For more information about careers in chemistry, see one of the chemistry faculty members or go to the American Chemical Society web site at: www.acs.org.
Students interested in chemistry as a major should have good communication, mathematics and computer technology skills.
The Chemistry program at College of DuPage offers courses for liberal arts and health science students, engineers, and chemistry, biology and physics majors. The program has several entry-level courses plus classes in organic chemistry and introductory biochemistry.
Please consult a faculty member listed below before beginning your coursework.
If you are considering this program as an area of study, consult with a faculty member in this field.
- DiCarlo, Cory - Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, HSC 3327, (630)942-2761.
- Haque, Lubna - Professor, email@example.com, HSC 3335, (630)942-2110.
- Hess, Kathleen - Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, HSC 3337, (630)942-2420.
- Jarman, Richard - Professor, email@example.com, HSC 3333, (630)942-2451.
- Newberg, Mary - Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, HSC 3331, (630)942-4066.
- Peacy, William - Professor, email@example.com, HSC 3341, (630)942-2486.
- Summers, Farrel - Laboratory Asst. III, firstname.lastname@example.org, HSC 3316D, (630)942-2282.
- Trautmann, Jeffrey - Professor, email@example.com, HSC 3339, (630)942-2488.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Division
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06, (630) 942-3210