Learn English by taking classes in one of the following programs:
Learn English for academic and professional purposes.
- Getting a degree
- Updating or advancing a current profession
- Reading, writing, listening and speaking about complex subjects
- Open to anyone
- F1 students need to contact the International Admissions Office
- Provides smaller class sizes
- Targets specific skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Prepares students to communicate with high levels of fluency
- Prepares students for academic level classes
It is recommended that students have finished high school in their country or in the U.S.
Levels of English
If students plan to study a degree or certificate at College of DuPage or need English for professional purposes, we welcome them to enroll directly into Academic ELS.
Learn English for community participation, family engagement, naturalization, employment or to further educational opportunities.
- Assist with children's education
- Better engage in community activities
- Learn critical life skills
- Navigate U.S. government systems
- Prepare for high school credential
- Obtain skills necessary for employment or career training
- Prepare for successful transition to college
- Open to anyone with the exception of B, F, J and M visas.
- Free to eligible participants
- Scholarships available upon exiting program
- Offered at 25+ locations days, evenings and weekends
- Prepares students to enter college or career training
- Prepares students for direct employment
- Students can enter with any level of education from their native country
Levels of English
- Academic and employment preparation skills at all levels of proficiency
If students have never studied English before, they may find it helpful to start with Adult ELA classes. After they build their ELA skills, they are welcome to transition into the Academic ELA program.