Apprenticeships are a way to advance your career by getting paid work experience and classroom instruction while earning nationally recognized credentials.
The Project Hire-Ed Program currently offers apprenticeship opportunities in:
Additional apprenticeship opportunities are coming soon in the following areas: Computer Support Specialist, Data Analyst, Early Childhood Educator, Human Resources Generalist, Landscape Design and Construction and Welder.
If you are interested in one of these apprenticeships, complete the inquiry form.
Apprentice programs provide an opportunity for students to train for a career and attend College of DuPage. Apprentices can also:
- Earn a wage, receive healthcare benefits, paid time off and other employment benefits
- Receive wage increases as skills increase or set milestones are reached.
- Begin a career and earn college credits
- Graduate with no college debt since employers pay for the full cost of the student's program courses, labs and fees
Learn More About How the Apprenticeship Program Works
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your frequently asked questions regarding the apprentice program.
The apprenticeship program is geared toward:
- Current students
- Career changers
- Unemployed or under-employed individuals
- Recent high school or GED graduates
- Current high school students (students may be eligible to begin foundational skills courses while in high school.)
In order to get started, you first need to attend an information session. Once you've attended an information session, you will need to:
- Review open positions
- Submit an application and schedule an intake interview to determine career readiness
Eligible candidates will have their resume shared with employers. Once you are accepted by the organization and employed, you will be able to earn income while attending COD.
Having an apprenticeship has been the greatest thing that I’ve done for my career and my life, so I would definitely say to others to go for it.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137